When one of lifes curve balls are thrown at us, we learn to appreciate more what is important in our world, and what we often taken for granted.
Insurance benefits, will not take the event you are experiencing away, but can provide financial security for you to concentrate on moving forward and recovery, rather than also dealing with financial stress.
Personal Insurance covers to consider are:
Business Insurance covers to consider are:
Life Insurance or Life Income Cover
This benefit pays a lump sum or monthly benefit (Life Income Cover) to the policy owner/s upon a terminal diagnosis or death.
Trauma (Major Illness) Cover
This benefit pays a lump sum to the policy owners/s when the life assured is diagnosed with a major illness (that is listed on the policy and meets policy definitions) such as a heart attack, cancer or stroke.
Permanent Disablement Cover
This benefit pays a lump sum to the policy owner/s when the life assured becomes permanently disabled and unable to return to either their own or any occupation as a result of an injury or illness.
This benefit pays a monthly amount to the policy owner when the life assured is unable to work through either an injury or illness.
: There are many different types of income covers available and it is important to have a discussion with your advisor when determining what is the best type of income contract for yourself, to ensure that the cover chosen best suits your personal circumstances.
Mortgage Repayment or Rent Cover
This benefit pays a monthly amount to the policy owner to cover mortgage or rental payments when the life assured is unable to work as a result of an injury or illness.
This benefit pays medical treatment costs which are covered under the terms and conditions of your policy such as Diagnostic Testing, Hospitalisation, Surgery, Specialists, GP visits, Dental, Optometrist etc
: There are many different types of medical insurance covers available and it is important to have a discussion with your advisor when determine what is the best type of medical cover for yourself and family, to ensure that the cover chosen best suits your needs.
This benefit pays a monthly amount for up to six months should you be made involuntarily redundant, after the policy has been in force for six months.
Waiver of Premium/Premium Cover
This benefit pays your total insurance premium, should be unable to work as a result of an injury or illness.
Business Insurance Covers
As a business owner, it is important to consider the following:
- What would happen to your business cash flow, if yourself or a key employee was unable to work due to death, illness or injury?
- If you are a shareholder with others in your business, what would happen to the ownership of your business if yourself or another shareholder was unable to work due to death or permanent disability?
- Do you have personal guarantees over any business debt, and what are the consequences of this should you or another shareholder in your business die or become permanently disabled?
Business Disability (Keyman) Insurance
This benefit pays a monthly amount to the business entity when a ‘key’ person (business owner or employee) is unable to work due to either an accident or illness.
This benefit provides the business with cash flow to help fund a temporary replacement and cover potential losses to revenue.
Farmers Disability Insurance
This benefit pays a monthly amount to the farm owner when they or a key employee is unable to work due to either an accident or illness.
The benefit provides funds to the farm to hire a contractor or cover ongoing running costs.
This benefit pays a monthly amount to the business entity to cover ongoing business expenses such as rent, leases, power etc whilst an insured person is unable to work.
Contact me if you need to be referred to a professional I work with in one of these areas.
- ACC options for self employed business owners (ACC CoverPlus and ACC CoverPlus Extra)
If you are self employed and take your income through drawings, there are two ACC insurance options you can consider:
I can prepare an ACC report which can be also discussed with your accountant, which goes through the differences between the two contracts, and what best suits your situation.
- By default you will be on ACC CoverPlus, which pays 80% of your taxable income, should you be off work due to an accident that ACC accepts
- ACC CoverPlus Extra which is an agreed value cover, which allows you to choose the level of cover you wish to have in place. This means you could minimise you cover to the lowest level, or maximise it up to 100% of what you are currently earning.
- Generate Kiwisaver
- Working with other likeminded professionals in:
- Fire and General Insurance
- Accounting Services
- Legal and Estate Planning Services
- Business Coaching
- Investment Advisors
Some interesting stats
- In 2013, the average weekly household mortgage repayment expenditure was $356.20 per week.
From 1/4/2017, the Jobseeker support benefit from Work and Income is :
- $212.45 Net (For a single person 25+ years),
- $354.06 Net (For a couple with no children)
- $379.34 (For a couple with children)
- After a loss in income, only 55% of New Zealand households can cover their household expenses for four week (Source Financial Services Council 2013)
- Cancer is the leading cause of death for New Zealanders accounting for 29% of deaths in 2012 (Source NZ Ministry of Health Mortality Collection)
- Over 2,900 NZ men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year (Source Ministry of Health 2012)
I have agency agreements with these major insurers:
Registered Financial Advisor
Colleen La Touche’s approachability, down-to-earth nature, and keep-it-simple approach mean clients understand their insurance contracts and how they will work at claim time, without any confusion.
More about Colleen >
A referral is the best compliment I can receive. If any of your friends, family or business associates require assistance with insurance, please get in touch.
More Information >
“Thank you for making it so easy to put in that claim, clearly explaining things, meeting with us around our schedules and most importantly just being there for us. You’re amazing.”Ray and Kirsty | Auckland
“Colleen La Touche has been my insurance advisor for a number of years now and I have always enjoyed her professional yet personal advice in respect of my insurances...”Mark | Auckland
“On behalf of my wife and I, we wish to express our gratitude in your highly professional yet
personal approach. You provided empathetic support and encouragement beyond what...”Winston | Auckland
"It was an absolute pleasure to deal with you, and we are so grateful for your thoroughness (don't know if thats a word, but it fits my meaning), as Scott and I feel we have covered all bases now and feel secure..."Scott and Lee | Tangiteroria
"I worked with Colleen at Solutions and experienced first hand how dedicated she is to clients. Her knowledge of insurance products is second to none and she is constantly asked for advice by other advisers..."Tony | Gulf Harbour